People who like to read and write (and not only reports of crime chronicles or reports of sports matches) are different from people who do not like this process.
These differences are not always very obvious, but psychologists (and their colleagues from other areas of medical science) have long found that reading and writing are useful. Why? Several reasons are to be continued.
Yes, by the way, some of the reasons will seem to people who love to read as a matter-of-course fact. But, believe it or not, not everyone understands all this.
Why Are Reading Skills Helpful?
- Reading broadens the mind. Books are a storehouse of a wide variety of knowledge. Reading, we begin to better understand this world, people, and events. Self-development and self-improvement, history and science fiction, fantasy and adventure, detective stories and humorous ones are friends. There are a huge number of book genres, and in almost all of these genres, you can find something useful for yourself. Go for it!
- Reading develops the imagination. Books allow us to find ourselves in another world or to think about something that we had not thought of before. We fill our imagination with what the author writes about, visualizing what is happening in the book. Thanks to regular practice, we develop a very rich imagination: you can imagine anything and anyway. And this opportunity is very useful because it significantly increases the level of creativity and develops innovative thinking.
- Reading helps to communicate with people. A regularly reading person is not only literate but also has well-trained speech skills that allow him to clearly, beautifully and easily express his thoughts. Reading books, you become an interesting conversationalist. You can make a particularly strong impression on those people who read a little.
- Reading makes us smarter. Reading develops thinking: while reading books, we actively think in order to understand another idea of a job. And vice versa: that which is constantly being used eventually grows, becomes larger and develops. That is why with the regular stress of the brain by reading books, we become smarter and more educated.
- Reading develops memory. Tracking the key thoughts and/or storyline of the book leads to improved memory. Everything is simple again: memory is used – memory is pumped.
- Reading makes us younger. It has long been proven that the youth of the body depends on the youth of the brain. In other words, if the brain is decrepit, then the body will correspond to it. And since when reading books we actively use and develop our brain, this affects the general condition of the body only positively. Read and get younger friends!
- Reading improves concentration. The usefulness of reading is that during this process we concentrate on the content of the work. Now more and more people are experiencing problems with concentration, so the skill of concentration while reading a book will be very useful.
- Reading makes us more confident. Now in communication, we can demonstrate a deep knowledge of the subject, our education, erudition in various fields. Thanks to this, we unwittingly begin to behave more confidently and collectively. In addition, the recognition by others of our knowledge has a positive effect on self-esteem.
- Reading helps to relax. The technosphere drives people into constant stress, when even at home, a person remains tense. Reading books is a great way to relax and have a good time. Moreover, reading books is a wonderful vacation. After a decent book, you will certainly experience a spiritual upsurge and get food for the mind.
Why Do You Need to Practice Writing?
- Writing structures our thoughts. Different emotions, sensations, thoughts flare up in us and this happens spontaneously and often imperceptibly. It is thanks to writing that we can scan these thoughts and build a logical sequence.
- We improve our skills in word, style, and syllable. When we write for someone, we begin to think like them, we begin to understand them. And this works like magic because as soon as we catch the “wave” of the reader, the world around us becomes more understandable.
- When we develop persuasive writing skills, we learn how to influence other people’s thinking. With the help of writing, you can convince yourself of the correctness of your judgments and thereby persuade you to accept your position. For example, by writing an article with specific facts and figures about the benefits of buying a finished apartment, you can help those who want to buy a home make the right choice.
- We need to write every day, as this pushes us to search for new ideas since we won’t write about the same thing all the time. Then the question arises: Where to get these new ideas? In fact, there are a lot of ideas and they are everywhere: in newspapers, magazines, books, cinema, on the Internet, in people. Daily writing makes us more attentive and open to them.
- We can create a blog or social page and post our posts. There will certainly be people who will be interested in this and will have their own audience who will wait for the next record.
- We have to ask for professional writing help from academic services. It happens if we are very busy at studies, or we don’t have time for writing our own papers.
This will contribute to the promotion and development of business, career, which will allow you to meet new people.